Komodo Village is a traditional Muslim community located between the foothills and coastline on the eastern side of Komodo Island. The island contains the largest natural preserve in the world in which the Komodo Dragon live in the wild. Furthermore, the area is home to a variety of different species, including more than 30 species of mammals, 130 species of birds, 1,000 species of fish, 380 species of coral, numerous other invertebrate species and 250 plant species. In 1991, the national park was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and in 2012, Komodo National Park became one of the official finalists of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
- Visit the Komodo Dragons; the entrance for tourists is at another part of the island, a short boat ride from the village; please note that you need to pay to enter and always need a ranger to accompany you. The ranger fee is on top of the entrance fee. A tip for the ranger is very much appreciated at the end of your walk. The rangers are very knowledgeable and helpful
- Fishing; you can ask your host to assist you
- Join in a village clean-up with the women group
- Visit Padar island for a hike; please note that you need to pay to enter
150.000 IDR per person per night – including breakfast. Please inform your host in case you like to eat lunch and dinner in their home. Lunch 55.000 per person Dinner 55.000 per person
Ramang +62 812-3915-8114
- Visitors have to register in the local office on arrival (and can donate).
- Visitors should be accompanied by a local guide when visiting the village.
- Visitors are not allowed to wear swim wear in public areas, they need to cover up. (Villagers have to provide sarongs to visitors, if they are lightly dressed)
- Visitors should not give children money, rather bring books or drawing materials for the local school
- Visitors should always be friendly and open towards the locals.
- Visitors can visit the mosque outside but are not allowed to enter it.
- Visitors should throw their rubbish only in waste bins.
- Visitors should behave quiet after midnight when walking through the village.
- Drinking of alcohol in the house and in front of the house is strictly forbidden.
© Flores Homestay Network by Eco Flores